Phoenix Rising lost their 20-match win streak to Fresno FC on Saturday with a score of 2-1.
This streak was monumental for the team, bringing more eyes to them than ever before. The club was featured around the country for their record breaking ways. They were just a few games shy of breaking the all soccer consecutive wins record.
For some perspective, the team hasn’t lost a match since May fourth. In doing so, the team doubled the previous USL consecutive win record (10), and broke the all time American Pro Soccer record (16) previously held by MLS LA Galaxy.
No longer is the consecutive win streak at play, but many records are still being extended.
With four more games left in the regular season, these USL and club records can still be extended:
- USL- Most team goals scored in a season (78)
- USL- Solomon Asante and Adam Jahn, most goals scored by a pair of teammates in a season (37)
- USL- Solomon Asante, most combined goals and assists in a season (37)
- USL- Zac Lubin, most clean sheets in a season (13) (previously held by Carl Woszczynski at 12 last season).
- Club- most wins in a season (22)
- Club- Solomon Asante, most goals in a season (22)
- Club- unbeaten at home this season
- Club- sold out games at Casino Arizona Field (18 consecutive)
Let’s not forget Dollar Beer Night. The club has not lost a game on Dollar Beer Night… ever… That’s 14 games to be exact. The next Dollar Beer Night will be the final game of the regular season on October 19 at 7:30 p.m.
The team currently has 22 wins in the season and they are close to tying the USL record for wins in a season (23).
You can watch Phoenix Rising face off against New Mexico United FC on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. on Your Phoenix CW channels 6, 61.1.