PHOENIX – We have a long weekend coming up which can only mean one thing: traffic!
The American Automobile Association is predicting a record-breaking number of people to travel by car for Memorial Day this weekend.
So basically, the best time to leave for a holiday was last week. But, if it’s too late to cancel your plans or you are just trying to survive your daily commute, here are some helpful things to note so you can be prepared for chaos.
- AAA is warning that the worst time to travel is the Thursday and Friday before Memorial Day. Specifically, in the late afternoon.
- Phoenix is listed as number seven for top holiday destinations.
- Nearly 43 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more for the holiday.
- Despite higher gas prices, the overwhelming majority, 37.6 million, will drive to their destination, a record for the holiday.
- AAA expects to rescue more than 353,000 motorists at the roadside.
- Hotel and car rentals are seeing a decrease in prices