Lil Xan Claims He Overdosed on Flamin’ Hot Cheetos

News
Lil Xan and Flamin' Hot Cheetos

Flamin’ Hot Cheetos are an iconic snack among America’s youth, but could its popularity be dangerous?

Monday, rapper Lil Xan was rushed to the hospital for eating too many Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.

He reassured fans in a Instagram post that it wasn’t because of an overdose of Xanax but rather an overdose of the spicy snack.

In the video, he explained that he “ate too many hot Cheetos, and it ripped something in [his] stomach open,” causing him to “[puke] a little blood.”

“I’m a big Cheeto fan. My stomach’s still not completely better yet,” Lil Xan said in a statement. “It was just one bag. I have a really poor diet and next thing I know, for four days, I was feeling really bad with stomach aches.”

Earlier this year a girl in Memphis, Tennessee was rushed to the hospital to have her gallbladder removed, and her mother put the blame squarely on Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and Takis—another popular spicy snack.

In the days following her surgery, Dr. Cary Cavender of Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis came forward to say that he has been treating more and more children who have acquired gastritis and other gastrointestinal problems in the last year. 

Cavender believes that the spike in these childhood health problems is largely because of snacks like Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and Takis. “We probably see a hundred kids a month, easily.”

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Stories

More Community

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Click below to enter our contests