PHOENIX- Alright, let’s taco about it.
There are A LOT of amazing, show stopping taco shops around town but after a lot of thinking, contemplating and evaluating, we finally picked out six of the best taco spots in Phoenix.
Warning: This will (most likely) make you want tacos so beware.
1. Asadero Norte de Sonora is a hidden gem in Central Phoenix. This darling hole-in-the-wall serves authentic Sonoran-style dishes as a good price! They offer a variety of options like carne asada, barbacoa, al pastor and so much more. Check out more details here.
2. La Santisima Gourmet Taco Shop takes a fun spin on traditional Mexican food with their variety of seafood options. La Santisima serves tacos like “Oaxaca Black Mole Chicken Shark Taco,” and “Baja Sur Dogfish Shark Taco.” Check out more details here.
3. Taco Guild is widely known for their location being set in an old church, but their food is ranked near the top in Phoenix! Their options range from “Chipotle Cherry Steak” taco to a “Mahi Mahi” taco. Find out more details here.
4. Otro Cafe is a neighborhood restaurant that serves traditional and new world dishes prepared from fresh, local ingredients. Otro Cafe serves nine different types of tacos ranging from grilled shrimp to pork belly to naco torta tacos! Find out more information here.
5. Carolina’s Mexican Food is best known for their infamous house made tortillas, the logo even says “The Best Tortillas in Town!” and we stand by that. Carolina’s offer breakfast, lunch and dinner with all options being authentic and fresh. Check out more information here!
6. Ta‘ Carbon Mexican Grill works to make the “best roast in the United States,” and I think it’s safe to say they’re one of the best in the area, at least. Their taco options include carne asada, al pastor, barbacoa and more. Check out more details here.