PHOENIX – There are dozens of animal rescues and shelters looking for donations like blankets, towels, food, treats, toys and more. You don’t have to be wealthy to donate, you may have some of these items at home right now.
Here is a list of valley animal rescues in need of your donated items now:
- Sky Sanctuary Rescue – towels and light blankets to keep the dogs warm in the winter. These items are also used for rescuing animals off the street.
- Halo – newspapers, pet beds, collars, leashes, toys, and crates.
- Arizona Humane Society – soft dog treats, canned food, puppy pads, cat toys, and dog toys.
- Maricopa County – Towels, canned cat and dog food, treats, kongs and other durable toys, dog collars, dog leashes, puppy pads, and crates.
- Arizona Animal Welfare League & SPCA – detergent, bleach, bath towels, hand sanitizer, and food.
- Friends for Life – cleaning supplies, food, treats, leashes, collars, and office supplies.
Remember, the holidays aren’t the only times these animal shelters need donations. If you are cleaning your home, moving, or just want to do something good for rescue animals out there, donate some of these items to any shelter or rescue of your choice.
If donating items isn’t in your budget right now, you can give the gift of service. Most of these rescues are looking for volunteers to help care for animals and do upkeep around the shelter.
Another cool thing, Chewy, which is an online retailer for pet food, toys, supplies and more, announced they’ll be donating $1 million worth of items across the nation, hitting 22 shelters and rescues around Arizona as their first stop.
These are the 22 shelters receiving donated items: