Oxford Dictionaries officially recognized 300 new words.
Oxford Dictionaries is updating their collection and adding 300 words to their dictionaries. Here are 6 of the funniest/most millennial words.
1. Fitspiration (or fitspo) - a person or thing that serves as motivation for someone to sustain or improve health or fitness.
Khloe Kardashian is my fitspiration while I try and get in shape before Spring Break.
2. Yas - expressing great pleasure or excitement
Yas! Nick Viall finally sent Corinne home on The Bachelor!
3. Sausage party - an event or group in which the majority of participants are male
Bro, invite every girl you know. This is starting to turn into such a sausage party.
4. Squad goal - used in reference to a person or thing seen as a model to aspire or emulate, especially with one’s friends (often as a hashtag in social media)
Taylor Swift and her model friends are always #squadgoals.
5. Drink the haterade - indulge in excessively negative, critical, or resentful behavior
The way she can eat three cheeseburgers and not gain a single pound makes me want to drink the haterade.
6. Jelly - jealous
You met Ryan Gosling last year?! I’m so jelly!
All definitions come directly from Oxford Dictionaries. All example sentences come directly from the mind of a millennial.
Cosplay for college credit.
Zbigniew Brzezinski, the former national security adviser to…
Catching up with The Flash